Teaching Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Strategies
Do your students struggle with word problems? Do they find it difficult to apply mathematical concepts to real-life situations? This workshop will explain the language of math and explore effective strategies for developing reasoning and problem solving skills. Teachers will walk away with classroom tips and activities to help their students be successful with the high school equivalency exam as well as prepare them for a career or post-secondary training.
What you will learn:
- Discuss the importance of problem solving skills.
- Discover tools and strategies for developing critical thinking skills.
- Recognize the characteristics of different learning styles and the role they play in student success.
- Investigate and apply the language of math.
- Explore strategies and tools for solving word problems.
PD Hours: 4
Adult Education and Literacy