This Pre-Certification Workshop (PCW) is the first step in becoming a certified Adult Education and Literacy (AEL) teacher. It is designed for newly hired teachers as an introduction to student assessment, lesson planning and delivery, and classroom management. You will also learn more about the alphabet soup of AEL – ABE, ASE, GED, ESL.
What you will learn:
- Identify the benefits of using assessment results to design a lesson plan
- Recognize how to plan, execute, and review assessment results
- Learn techniques for managing your students
- Identify and discuss Missouri ABE/ASE content standards
- Identify GED score information
Before Attending the PCW – ESL teachers are required to complete the CASAS Appraisal Training and the CASAS Implementation Training which can be found here.
Hotel will be provided for travels over 60 miles from home if requested during online registration.
Adult Education and Literacy